Urgent requirement for "UNIX/SOLARIS Administrator" in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Installation, configuration and Operating System upgrade on Sun Solaris 8,9,10, and Red Hat Linux AS 3.0, AS 4.0 onsunServers.
- SWAP box configuration, Implementation of disaster backup and recovery.
- Supported Level1, Level 2 and Level 3 calls for users worldwide.
- Performance Management Tuning of UNIX Kernel.
- Administration for multiple sun hard wares, this involves creating domains, adding/deleting system
- Administration and Troubleshooting Solaris servers running business critical application Web Logic WAS applications.
- Veritas File system and Veritas Volume Manager 2.5 are used to configure the RAID 1 and RAID 5
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for windows and Linux connectivity.
- Installed and configured Solaris10with zone configuration.
- Installed and Configured Sun availability Suite 3.5 to implement Point-in-time snap shots and remote
- Implemented and configured Backup policies and Storage Units.
- Configured Jumpstart server in Solaris10.
- Managing disk storage with Veritas Volume Manager 3.5/4.1 and Solaris Volume Manager with Veritas File System VxFS .
- Installed Web Logic 8.1 with SP5 Server and configured Domains, Admin and managed servers for
Applications to be deployed.
- Installed and configured SunOne Directory Server5.2.
- Extensively used Directory Server Console for managing the entries.
- Implemented NIS and NFS for administrative and project requirements.
- Installed and Configured Web and investigate the configuration changes in the production environment.
- Worked closely with database administration staff to ensure optimal performance of databases, and
maintain development applications and databases
- Tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore
- Set up Quotas for the user accounts limiting the disk space usage.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing certain activities.
- Upgrading Solaris 8/9 to Solaris 10 using live upgrade and manual upgrade.
- File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with Veritas File system 3.5/4.x