We are looking for a "Senior Advisor – Finance" to play an integral role in the BC Works Aluminum Smelter team. You will collaborate with leaders across multiple departments to ensure the business strategy and objectives are aligned with the financial plans and forecasts.
This role is a great opportunity to support the implementation of the product group and/or business unit strategy, drive transformation across our flagship operation and co-ordinate the finance activities in the context of a new smelter build and ongoing projects.
You will be working a Monday to Friday schedule, with the exception of peak reporting periods where evenings and/or weekends may be required. Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, you will be:
- Integrating the product group and/or business unit business strategies, objectives and context into financial plans & forecasts
- Supporting the site operation for major business cases projects, yearly target setting & implementing key performances indicators
- Spending time daily “on the floor” with operations leadership team and addresses site-specific matters
- Interpreting, simplifying and communicating financial information across the site with clear objective of empowering people and developing / driving the business mindset in decision making (act as owners) at all levels
- Implementing and driving the business strategy across smelter activities and some specifics BC operation major asset such as the Wharf and Power generation facility
- Ensuring value creation deployment, sustainability and driving actions at every level of the organisation in collaboration with the Value Creation Advisor.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Safety mindset and ability to follow safe working procedures
- College/University Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (finance, business, accounting, engineering)
- Master degree or MBA is a plus
- Chartered Professional Accountant is an asset
- Background in financial or commercial services
- 5+ years’ experience in industrial sites
- Strong business mindset and understanding value principles
- Proficiency in English
Note: No Fly-in-fly-out arrangements. Relocation package is offered.