- The Scope of job: Triage, classify, plan, and execute the remediation of the vulnerabilities.
- The level of decision-making responsibility/authority: Recommend the most appropriate method of remediating the vulnerabilities in a predictable, controlled and possibly automated manner
- The Impact of decision: Any incorrect decision can result in vulnerabilities not being remediated within the agreed timelines creating audit points on IT
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any related field from an accredited institution
Preferable IT Administration and Security certifications
6 + years of experience in patching and vulnerability management
• Expert knowledge of patch and vulnerabilities remediation processes and frameworks
• Expert knowledge on Security Compliance requirements and Vulnerabilities Management
• Expert knowledge on patching and upgrading of different platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, applications like WebLogic and Oracle Database, Security vulnerabilities like SSL and TLS shortcomings, certificates and cipher strengths).
• Scripting knowledge to automate day-to-day tasks
• Experience with Excel for generating dashboards and reports
• Troubleshooting skills
• Team player
• Effective communication both written and verbal.