We are looking for Senior Engineers process for stations based in Saguenay -Lake- Saint-Jean
. As the incumbent, you will be responsible for monitoring and controlling company's Aluminum Processing processes
. In collaboration with industry stakeholders, the process engineer will need to identify target deviations and lead process optimization projects using Six Sigma tools and philosophy.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as an HSE model by identifying employee health and safety risks, managing HSE impacts of process improvements and variations on employees and the environment, and ensuring that standards are maintained to process safety.
- Monitor and optimize the standard daily monitoring of the process, identify and monitor key elements, respond to variations, predict reactions and master contingency plans in case of drift.
- Establish and optimize procedures for adjusting pilot parameters, be able to evaluate process efficiency, product quality and reduce environmental footprint.
- Define and improve standard work. Monitor operator performance indicators, guide best practices and evaluate their impact. Conduct problem-solving workshops, identify root causes and break points with managers and employees to bridge gaps.
- Bachelor of Engineering in a field relevant to the position (Chemical, Metallurgical or any other related field)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in carbon, electrolysis, metallurgy or other relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Have knowledge of statistics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and databases
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and resourcefulness and demonstrate a high level of autonomy
- Mastery of the French language and advanced knowledge of the English language