Jobskey Consultancy UK LTD are actively recruiting an experienced Automation tester on behalf of our client who is delivery-focused IT consultancy with over 25 years’ software delivery and IT advisory experience.
As part of our client’s continued growth within their award-winning Assurance Practice, they’re lookingfor exceptional Automation Testers with strong Open Source or C# development skills (or both).
This role involves the delivery of test automation on a range of solutions that willbe deliveredtotheir clients. The successful candidate will be involved in the development of test automation frameworks, scripting of automated tests, maintenance, execution andenhancement of test scripts and frameworks, all integrated into a continuous buildenvironment. In addition to the technical requirements, the role involves implementing best-practice testing, test automation and BDD practices.
This is a client facing role that will require the successful candidate to have ideally worked in a consultancy or client facing environment before or certainly have a desire to do so.
TheirAssurance Practice is certainly no exception and they can boast of having some of the very best Test specialists in the UK, which is underpinned by that fact that they have recently won theEuropean Software Testing Award for their work on the NHS Spine 2 Programme.
The successful candidate will:
- Build and maintain test scripts using an automation test tool including TDD/BDD techniques
- Create test automation frameworks
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation
- Use risk driven techniques
- Work with the Development team to capture and re use automated unit test cases, stubs, drivers and other development test objects
- Work with the development team to create and maintain an automated nightly test pack
- Ensure proper traceability, version control and configuration management of all test objects developed
- Report progress and provide any test metrics or reports required to support the Test Manager/Lead
- Accurately and comprehensively record defects discovered during execution of test cases
- Prepare test data and test estimates
- Report issues and risks to the Test Manager/Lead
- Provide support and knowledge to other members of the team
- Be a British Citizen, EU + ILR (but MUST have excellent communication skills)
- 2+ years’ working experience in an Automated Testing role
- Be an Agile pragmatist
- Strong Open Source or C# development skills
- Have experience in tools such as jBehave, jUnit, Cucumber, Specflow, jMeter, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence
- Have relevant domain experience (Banking & Finance, Public Sector, Commodities, Technology, Media & Telecoms, Retail)
- Have experience in the System Test and/or System Integration Test area of the SDLC
- Have good working experience of basic programming or technical data interrogation (a scripting language)
- Be able to provide examples of their ability to perform well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Be a proactive and organised self-starter with excellent communication skills, who is motivated to get the job done and flexible in their approach. It is essential that the candidate is open to new learning
- Be able to display evidence of a good technical aptitude
- Focus on the delivery of the whole project, not just a narrow vertical
- Challenge the status quo
- Be open-minded to new techniques and ways of working
The following is beneficial:
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related field is advantageous but not essential
*We welcome applicants from the EU looking to relocate to the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept applications from those requiring visa sponsorship*
- ISEB Foundation Certificate
- Working experience of an Agile software development environment
- Experience of working on Enterprise level infrastructure projects and an understanding of the related architecture model
- Experience of working in a Service Delivery environment
- Knowledge and/or working experience of an ‘Agile’ bug tracking tool, a Continuous Integration build management tool, Operating Systems (Windows, Android, iOS), and/oran integrated development environment tool