Jobskey Consultancy UK Ltd is recruiting for the role "Project Manager" on behalf of our Client our is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide.
As a Project Manager with the Engineering team, you will manage a portfolio of capital projects while applying best practices to safely lead a team. Working in a matrix organization, your typical project team consist of engineering, construction, PMO, Procurement, Operations, Maintenance, Business Evaluation, Your portfolio consists of mainly brownfield projects ranging from infrastructure, to debottlenecking, to modernization.
You will report to one of the Project Delivery Managers for either our Processing or Mining Operations.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Lead and coach multi-disciplinary teams to safety and efficiently deliver your project portfolio
- Contribute to the design and implementation of capital project processes, practices and tools
- Contribute to communities of practice to support the evolution of consistent good practices
- Assist with applying discipline governance and quality assurance across capital projects
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive a culture of partnership and improvement
- Actively promote standardized processes, systems and tools
- Provide technical support and direction to project stakeholders
We are looking for Project Managers with:
- Minimum of 5 years of proven project management experience
- Relevant post-secondary Education
- Experience in leading a team
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in mining or heavy industry (i.e.: oil and gas, construction, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills to gain commitment from your team, customers, and key stakeholders to successfully deliver on your goals
- Possess PMP or a related certification would be beneficial
- Bilingual in English and French would be beneficial
Formal Project Management experience, managing a portfolio of mining multi-discipline 'capital projects'. Leadership and coaching/mentoring skills essential.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.