Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
The Project manager lead will both manage accounts directly assigned to them (project planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure using Welocalize standard processes and tools) and will support a Production Manager in large accounts.
A Project manager lead will own relationships with the customer at the project level and work closely with Welocalize account directors and production teams to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
The ideal candidate is a driven but steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Main responsibilities include:
· Active management, supervision and professional development of direct reports by adhering to company policies and vision.
· Delegating and coordinating task management with direct reports.
· Preparing and organizing training of any new hires on the team.
· Controls their team’s production: PMs’ workloads, deliveries to clients, etc.
· Controls their team’s gross margin and sets appropriate guidelines to align them with objectives.
· Actively aware of the revenue and margins associated with the clients that the team manages.
· Calls and leads regular meetings with their team.
· Actively seeks for ways to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality, and profitability and works with manager to implement them.
· Managing projects and maintaining responsibility for the planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of such projects.
· Creating and managing project schedules from production & proofreading, DTP/quality assurance through delivery to client, monitoring timeliness of delivery.
· Assessing risk and employing strategic planning to minimize potential issues.
· Managing project budget and controlling project costs.
· Establishing strong relationships with both internal and external (vendor) resources.
· Negotiating rates with vendors, with a keen eye for cost saving opportunities.
· Ensuring all finance systems data is accurate and kept up to date.
· Researching client quality complaints and mediating between the vendor and client to reach a resolution
· Client communication, including project details, timeline, deliverables, etc.
· Establishing and nurturing relationships with assigned clients.
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
· Knowledge of the translation industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
· Demonstrated success at managing projects.
· Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
· Experience in financial management and budget to actual management.
· Customer relationship management and business development skills to drive organic growth.
· Must be available to travel for work related commitments
· Demonstrated success at managing large accounts and/or projects.
· Proven experience in active participation and development of processes and ideas.
· Experience in authoring client documents such as SOW’s, proposals, processes and post mortems
· Proven experience in active participation in new client sales cycles including presentations, analysis, recommendations, and relationship development
· Effective Communication: Position will require effective communication with all members of team internally and externally to assure work flow is effective and efficient.
· Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret requests as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, and vendors. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Mathematical: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.