Palo Alto Firewall Engineer
Location: London, UK
Experience Required: 4 - 7 Years
Palo Alto Engineers install, configure, manage, and fix Palo Alto Firewalls. They maintain and manage border security systems, such as intrusion detection systems and firewalls. They support, monitor, and take care of existing configuration changes for Palo Alto Networks. The technicians are conversant with procedures, such as change management, automation, and revision control. They need to configure and deploy security operating platform and maintain it.
1. They aid in fixing network security issues of clients, suggest recommendations after researching best industry practices, creating documents for its configuration and installation. Engineers are also responsible for installing and maintaining Palo Alto firewall technologies. Freelance Palo Alto Network Engineers must know MPLS, VRF, VPN, and network routing. They should possess expertise in TCP/IP. Engineers must have had experience in working with Internet technologies.
2. Engineers manage wireless and LAN networks, including switches, routers, and other related equipment. They identify and troubleshoot complex network problems affecting LAN, WAN, Internet connections, and issues of end users issues.
3. Engineers suggest, schedule, and conduct hardware and software enhancements, upgrades, reconfigurations, and patches. They coordinate with engineering and business units to deploy implement server systems that use best practices to meet the objectives of their organization/clients.
4. Engineers research network services, products, protocols, and requirements to remain up-to-date with advances in the networking industry. They create and maintain documentation of network procedures, configurations, cabling layouts, and standards.
5. Engineers oversee and test network capacity and performance and make ready and provide statistics and reports of network performance. They plan and deploy network upgrades, fixes for maintenance, and patches.
6. Also, they must carry out security measures to sort out data loss susceptibilities, minimize risk, suggest system components and security changes when needed, undertake security audits, assessments and detect security breaches in architecture, and suggest recommendations on IT security to management by identifying serious threats and susceptibilities.
7. Engineers must see that ensure the network systems that support functions of the enterprise technology are available, reliable, and efficiently operating. In order to achieve that, they monitor, support, and maximize the network infrastructure of the organization/clients. Included in network support would be assignments, beginning from testing and resolving issues to periodic maintenance.
8. Engineers need to interact regularly with their team members, clients, sales teams, and engineering teams. They must be able to comprehend the client’s ecosystem, needs, and security roadmap to deploy the relevant security solution.
9. They perform all their tasks in line with their organization’s/clients’ policies, procedures, and best practices.