Role: Splunk Architect
Required Duration: 1 year
Work Location: Jubail, KSA
Professional Qualification : CISSP, CISA, CISM, SABSA Foundation (ideal)
The Splunk Security Architect will play an integral role in developing and designing the organization's security architecture and practices. The SSA will work within a global Enterprise Security Architecture team to support business units and corporate functions to assess, develop and design solutions that are aligned with the organization's security policies, strategy and requirements.
- 10+ years over all IT Security experience
- 6+ years of Splunk experience
- 5+ years' experience designing global security systems.
- SABSA Certification (minimum foundation certification)
- 5+ years’ experience in practices and methods of IT security strategy, and enterprise security architecture
- Experience and technical knowledge of a wide range of infrastructure components, PC, and platform operating systems.
- In-depth experience with developing strategies, roadmaps, standards and reference architecture/implementation of security solutions.
- Experience in Network security architecture development and definition
- Experience in perimeter security controls – firewall, IDS/IPS, Network Access Control and Network Segmentation
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts related to Authentication, VPN, Data Classification, IAM, and Encryption.
- Plan, research and design robust security architectures for any IT project by applying SABSA methodology.
- Involve in IT project life cycle from the very beginning of the project and provide the required security input at the right time to ensure security requirements are identified, managed and delivered in a proactive fashion.
- Review and provide security approval at various stages of IT project life cycle.
- Lead information gathering discussions and identify security requirements for various IT demands and initiatives.
- Prepare Strategy and Planning to identify the high-level security requirements for the requested business need by applying SABSA methodology.
- Review and provide input to Security designs, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
- Liaise with Risk Management team to ensure Business and Domain risks are identified, assessed and practical controls are identified.
- Identify and define Control and Enablement Objectives to deliver the required levels of risk management.
- Guide the security controls design to ensure all policies and information security requirements are met, to enable the business request.
- Maintain oversight of the design and implementation of IT systems to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are included.
- Investigate and identify security integration requirements for various systems and applications.
- Define and maintain domain security policies and procedures
- Develop content for improving IT Security Management Framework based on SABSA methodology.
- Define and develop performance metrics for various security service delivery teams.
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols
- Work closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly provisioned in their technology domains.