The Specialist Marketing role is responsible for executing the medium to long term commercial strategic plan that maximizes the returns to Rio Tinto from its Aluminium assets and from non-asset backed market based portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide analysis and make recommendations on the capture of real time customer intelligence and landscape planning
• Provide analysis and make recommendations on the capture of real time competitive intelligence and competitive landscape assessment.
• Support the maintenance of linkages with key strategic customers and their customers to create enhanced proximity to the market and end uses.
• Continually improve the play book / CRM as a tool kit for effective negotiation and optimisation of the Portfolio.
• Support sales excellence forums with clear outlines for Key Customer Management principles and customer intimacy.
• Support the digital transformation forums of profitability assessments to ensure that sales team has the key toolkits for execution to strategy.
What you will need for this role
• Strong acumen for sales, marketing, commercial and business development.
• Excellent people skills and an ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
• Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
• Team working and collaboration in a multi-cultural and cross-functional environment.
• Analytical skills: strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
• Ability to present complex ideas into simple solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to present concepts and ideas to senior management to seek approvals and endorsement.
• Awareness of the Aluminium metal market will also be well regarded.
• Presentation skills: Ability to present ideas through the use of power point and other platforms.
• College/University education: qualifications in Business, Marketing, Commerce or a related discipline are highly desirable