Sybase Database Administrator
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Duration: 1 year & renewable
Experience Required: 6+ years
Roles and Responsibilities
Sr. Sybase DBA with 6+ years of strong technical background on Sybase Database Administration
Design, develop, maintain & patch databases in Sybase ASE version 12.5, 15.5, 15.7, 16.x
Configure, manage and administer Sybase ASE and Replication server.
Manage to Install and configure Sybase ASE and Replication server.
Good knowledge of Sybase backup strategies.
Create Login's, Users, permissions and managed Security issues of the Server and Databases according to Security Policies defined by the company.
Performance tuning and monitoring.
- Good Knowledge of UNIX and AIX.
- Good knowledge of DR test.
- Working knowledge of Cluster High availability.
- Good working knowledge of Sybase ASE upgrade like from 15.3 to 15.7 and to 16.0
- Good knowledge of replication configuration like Warm standby and MSA both type.
- Knowledge on high availability and disaster recovery with mirroring, replication, log shipping, always on and clustering.
- Knowledge in Windows Cluster SQL server Instances on cluster nodes.