Citrix Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix Provisioning Server, Citrix NetScaler, Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
This position will work with the existing Windows Systems Administration team to implement, manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support internal and hosted customer Windows and Citrix environments. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the environments and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
- Support existing Citrix 7.6 & 7.15 XenApp & XenDesktop environments
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi 6.5 environment to power manage servers within XenApp & XenDesktop and modify VM resources
- Support existing Windows Server 2012/2016 environments
- Respond to support calls
- Manage incidents within the ticketing system
- Provide resolution to issues and document solutions within ticketing system
- Successfully complete change requests within approved change windows as assigned
- Maintain health of all Citrix and Windows environments
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Attend any meetings in support of the internal or customer environments; to include team meetings and support discussions
- Update support procedures or process guides as requested
- Deploy new/modify Citrix Environments (XenApp, NetScaler)
- Add server capacity to existing servers
- Add applications to the XenApp
- Administer XenApp applications
- Upgrade existing applications
- Migrate existing applications to different versions of Citrix
- Document changes made to the environment
- Deploy new XenApp & XenDesktop Server Environments
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience supporting existing Citrix 7.6 & 7.15 XenApp & XenDesktop environments.
- Experience with XenApp 7.6 & 7.15 LTSR is a plus
- Experience providing systems administration on Windows Server 2012/2016 platforms
- Experience supporting and deploying Citrix NetScaler MPX
- Experience supporting environments running on an VMware ESXi 6.5
- Citrix certifications (CCA)
- Demonstrated initiative; and ability to follow instructions and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Proven experience dealing with crisis and ability to create processes that best benefit the entire team
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Works well within a team environment as well as individually.
- Must have excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Must demonstrate sound analytical skills