We are looking for a Director, Media Relations – Canada & Americas
for one of our client MNC
The position requires a strong background in media relations and a strategic mind, with the ability to bring stories to life and manage issues effectively.
In this role you will:
- Serve as a company spokesperson with media and opinion leaders, helping to build relationships and awareness of the business
- Provide strategic advice and support to senior leadership
- Deliver corporate announcements and positioning — through writing and editing of press releases, communications strategies, speeches, digital and social content
- Create positioning strategies that go beyond traditional media outreach to share stories from across our businesses
- Manage the delivery of media monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Provide strategic oversight to local communications teams and the delivery of broad communications support on collateral, events and other initiatives as required
- Be hands on solving problems and identifying opportunities to improve the effectiveness of communications
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The ability to communicate to a professional standard in both English and French.
- More than 10 years’ of experience in communications/public relations, with significant experience in media relations for large companies or government. A background in journalism will be highly regarded.
- Strong, creative copy writing skills across a range of styles including media releases, speeches and social/digital content.
- Experience in developing and executing communication strategies, for proactive initiatives and to manage issues.
- Confident interpersonal skills, including a high level of discretion and diplomacy, and the ability to develop and “sell” ideas to senior leaders.