The role encompasses, but not limited to team management, development of policies and procedures with a focus on profitable growth and ability to embrace and lead change as UAE is continuously adopting new regulations impacting the market.
Background Reinsurance Senior position with extensive technical and managerial expertise required.
- Strong Underwriting knowledge across insurance lines of business namely
- Handle broking operations for facultative and treaty.
- Conduct portfolio analysis and risk assessment to advise about adequate covers in line with market appetite and company’s needs.
- Tailor adequate treaty structures to insurance companies’ book of business.
- Securing placements involving Proportional and Non-Proportional programs with “A” rated Reinsurance markets for companies in the GCC and broader
- Structure and place Reinsurance Programs
- Engage in the Facultative placement of major Insurance Policies for Captive Business.
- Extend marketing efforts and conduct on site visits
- Build and train the reinsurance team
- Follow up on the claims emanating from Facultative and Treaty Businesses.
- Handle the administration of DIFC office.
- Participate in implementing the VAT system.
- Coordinate and assist different entities within the Group whenever a proper reinsurance cover is required.
- Secure first class capacity and competitive returns
- Manage reinsurance protection
- Set underwriting guidelines and pricing for multi lines of business.
- Contribute to boosting company’s profitability though optimizing reinsurance cost, increasing reinsurance return and improving reinsurance set up
- Conducted timely reviews of underwriting policy in all branches to ensure compliance with the reinsurance treaties.